Monday, December 1, 2008

15 days left in Raleigh

I can't believe that December is here already. Looks like I've only blogged once in November. So picking up from the previous post, after I came back from Charlottesville on Nov 2, my next trip was to Chicago from Nov 21-23. Those 19 nights in Raleigh were actually the longest time I've stayed in my hall consecutively. I've been travelling a lot since mid-September and the whole of October and seen much fall foilage elsewhere. It's really nice to be enjoying the fall foilage in Raleigh in November, and I'll prob get to see them for another week or two.

I feel that I'm adapting to the cold here very well. Especially after Chicago, which was about 30 degrees the first day I was there. I mean 30 degrees Fahrenheit, not Celsius haha. It's about minus 1 degrees Celsius. The next 2 days were warmer though, and after I came back to Raleigh, Raleigh didn't feel that cold anymore. When temperatures first dropped to about 16 degrees Celsius, I started to wear 3 layers but I am still wearing 3 layers now even though it's about 8 degrees.

Honestly, I'm enjoying my time here so much that I'm really sad I have to leave. Before I came there were times when I couldn't believe that I'm actually coming to the US and it was so surreal for me. Now, I can't believe it's time to leave already.

I will miss the freedom I have.

I will miss the fall foilage, the mountains and the sunsets.

I will miss the RCCC and AO family.

I will miss the friends I've got to know here.

and many more things...

Earlier just now I was settling admin stuff for my departure. I've never dreaded doing admin stuff so much, not when it's brings you a step closer to leaving this place.

But I have to face reality and accept the seasons God has placed in my life. This season is coming to an end. There are things I haven't accomplished. Much in fact. So the next 15 days will be very precious.

Meanwhile, I'll enjoy whatever is left of the fall foilage, which is still quite a lot here. I was told that this year's colours in Raleigh are one of the best compared to previous years.

No comments: