Monday, September 15, 2008

Blackout!

There was a power cut for more than 3 hours from 5pm plus just now. Classes were cancelled and all the stores on campus were closed. No air-con or electricity in our dorms so people started to come out to the open, studying at the benches, playing ball/frisbee, lying on the grass to read etc.

Benches that are usually empty were suddenly filled with people. My favourite place to study when I need to get out off air-con rooms to get some fresh air.

These people were playing this game called "four squares".

We figured that the dining halls were probably closed as well so I went with 3 others to the nearby street outside school to have dinner at a Korean restaurant. Interestingly, we are all from different countries. Food was not bad too but again I forgot to take pictures of it.

International people: (from left to right) Ji Seon from South Korea, Madoka from Japan, Rachel from US and me from Singapore! :)

The campus was almost pitch dark when we came back and alarms and flashes of lights were going off in the library. Some people were just hanging out downstairs while others were playing hide-and-seek (a good occasion to play this game heh). Shortly after we came back some buildings resumed power but my hall was one of the last few to get our power back. Not sure what caused the power cut though. I've never experienced a power cut in my whole life in Singapore so this was quite an experience but thankfully it was just for a short while only.

No comments: