Friday, September 12, 2008

More Bible study groups

Alexander Hall Bible Study

3 Wednesday nights ago, someone knocked on my door and asked if I was interested to join the Alexander Hall Bible study group which was gonna start in 10 minutes time. I went and found myself in a group of fellow Christians living in Alexander Hall. There were 5 of us the first week, then 8 the second week and 10 the third week. There are Americans, Koreans, Singaporeans and a Hongkonger in the group. We decided to study the book of Romans for this semester, so we'll do 1 or 2 chapters when we meet every Wed at 10pm, and everyone in the group will take turns to lead. We also break into smaller groups to share and pray for one another. I think this is really encouraging, and I enjoy the fellowship with this international group.


Campus Crusade Bible Study

Since Campus Crusade here is so big (refer to post below), they have many Bible study groups classified according to gender, year of study and area. Their website actually can do a search to help you find a suitable group based on location, day to meet, year, and gender. I went for the junior girls group which meets at someone's house on Sundays at 8pm. Last Sunday was the first meeting for this semester and we started on the book of Hebrews. The group has about 10 people and it's rather cosy since it's at someone's house.

I'm not sure if I will continue with the campus crusade small group especially since I may be travelling a bit during the weekends. It's not totally easy to gel in too, since they are all Americans. It's very obvious when we go round and take turns to read the Bible passage. When it comes to me, it feels a bit like the flow breaks with my different accent. (This happens in AO too.) It's really great that the Bible study groups here all do book studies, which is what I've been wanting to do as well :)

No comments: