Friday, September 26, 2008

Grand Rapids (19 - 22 Sep)




I went to Grand Rapids in Michigan state last weekend and met up with Jenny who was there for work. My 2 favourite pictures are here and some others are up on facebook. Just a brief update here and will write more next time, not much time to update now cos i'm flying again in 2 hours, this time out of USA (haha... guess where?)


Anyway I arrived last Fri night at Grand Rapids, after a mad rush to catch the bus to the airport. The plane arrived early in Chicago so managed to connect to an earlier flight to Grand Rapids. It was terribly crowded at the Chicago O Hare airport so I'm glad I could board the next plane almost immediately.


On Sat we visited the apple orchard, the hush puppies store, Rockford (a small town), then in the evening joined the youth group there for their activities, which included a visit to a rescue mission and a bonfire.
On Sun we went to church, visited downtown and a cemetery nearby (quite a beautiful place). Joined a tabernacle tour for a short while and then went to Grand Haven to see the sunset :)
And Mon I went to the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum. I'm so glad I could go (thanks Beth!) as it was really good. I'm so inspired and touched by his life and how God seemed to guide him all along and prepared him for that 2 and a half crucial years as president.
That's all for now. More updates next week :)

No comments: