Saturday, October 4, 2008

The most happening, crazy, dramatic, exciting and adventurous week

Yes, the past week since last Fri has been happening, crazy, dramatic, exciting and adventurous. It all began with the trip to Toronto to visit Chia Ying. I shall leave the details of this trip to another post; it's too much to write in one post. Chia Ying has posted some photos on facebook and I'll upload mine soon.


After coming back on Wed morning I was frantically studying for my tests on Thu and Fri, but I still decided to go to Crusade homeless outreach on Wed. I shall leave this to another post too.
On Fri night I had the choice to go for AO fellowship or to church for the mission conference in Chinese. I decided to go for the latter and I'm so glad I did. RCCC has its annual mission conference this weekend, with sessions on Fri, Sat and Sun. The speaker is Elder Yu Muh Chieh from Rutgers Community Christian Church in New Jersey. I was so blessed and inspired by the message and the speaker's testimony. It's also great to be back in RCCC after two weeks of "absence". I'm so looking forward to the next two sessions tonight and tomorrow morning :)


Then after coming back from church last night I went to watch Kungfu Panda at 11.59pm. The campus cinema has movies at $1.50. I think it's a really good movie, lots of food for thought. Hmm... what is my destiny?


It's 2 pm on a Saturday afternoon and I just had a lazy Saturday morning, eating brunch and making travel plans with my Korean friend at the dining hall for more than 2 hours. It's seems quite rare that I'm around on Saturday cos I've been out of Raleigh the past two weekends. I actually had plans to go up to the mountains with some friends this weekend, but we decided to postpone it to two weeks later because the trees haven't fully changed colours. Two weeks ago, at Grand Rapids, a few of the trees there had changed colours and when I returned to Raleigh, I saw this from my hall window.


Today, the colours still look the same. Hopefully two weeks later when we go up to the mountains there will be more colours. I realised this is the first time I'm experiencing fall and seeing all these fall colours. I probably won't get to see this again cos I won't be able to leave Singapore during fall (at least for the next 5 years). There were some very nice sights in Toronto of colourful trees too.

But anyway, I'm glad to be around this weekend. If I had gone up to the mountains, I would have missed the mission conference. Somehow I feel that there are so many events in my life that is arranged by God. Even for my travelling trips, dates just coincide and I get rare opportunities like going up north on the first day in Toronto.

Someone told me that the trees probably haven't changed colours nicely as the weather here suddenly dropped. Yes the weather the past 2 weeks here was so erratic. There were a few days where it rained and temperature suddenly dropped, like 14 degrees. Then the next few days when the sun was out I thought the weather would be back to normal but no, it remained cold. The sun is so deceiving. It's not like in Singapore where you can look out of the window and determine that the day is gonna be hot and sunny. Here it looks sunny from the window so I thought I could wear t-shirt and berms only to realise that it's too cold the moment I step out of the building. So now I have to check the weather everyday before I leave house. The weather is very good today. Sunny and 24 degrees. A good afternoon to just go out and instead of staying in the air-con room to blog. Haha. Anyway I'm going to play frisbee then go for a birthday party :)

No comments: